- Make sure that your Accommodation Letter is given to each instructor/class that you plan to use the accommodations in. Accommodation letters must be updated each semester.
- Wait 1-2 business days for your instructor to make a testing contract in the Instructor Portal.
- Students can log into the Portal to check if a course is available. The “Nudge” feature may be used to notify instructors to create a contract.
- Enter your testing Student Portal to sign up for exams.
- Submit an ATR in the portal and verify that the request has been submitted by receiving email confirmation.
- Check that your instructor has approved your request 2 business days before your test date.
- If there are any issues, or you are unable to submit a request, you must contact the DRC testing office 4 business days prior to your exam.
- Review the test time, date, and course in the Student Portal for accuracy prior to your testing date.
The DRC has a 4 business day policy to submit Accommodated Testing Requests (ATRs). The testing date, holidays, and weekends do not count as business days. Submit any ATRs as early as possible (or at least a week in advance) to avoid missing the deadline. If you miss the deadline, you can submit a Deadline Exception Request.
- Kurzweil 3000
- Dragon Naturally Speaking
If you use one of these programs and wish to add it to your exam accommodations, you will be required to have both personal access to the program and have completed an Assistive Technology training at the DRC. DRC testing staff is unable to assist with these programs during exams.
For any additional questions about assistive technology, please contact Jessica Krauth at email@example.com or call the DRC at (352) 392-8565.
Before your exam:
- Arrive at least 10 minutes early to check in at Reid Hall. Sign in to the iPads at the front desk and have your student ID ready for verification.
- students who arrive more than 15 minutes late may be asked to reschedule.
- Turn your phone in with the Front Desk student assistant.
- Remove any materials you may need for your exam before placing your backpack in the backpack closet. You may not bring your bag or phone into the testing room.
- Wait quietly at the front desk or in the student study room for your exam to begin.
After your Exam:
- Bring all materials, including scratch paper, to the testing office and let them know you are finished. Testing will collect all exam materials unless noted otherwise by the instructor.
- Check your phone out and retrieve your backpack.
The DRC Testing Center follows the same Student Honor Code as all UF classes. Please click the link below for more information.