Opportunities Available for
Summer 2018 & Fall 2018
The Disability Resource Center has positions available for graduate students looking to apply their educational backgrounds and receive practical experience while working with students with disabilities. Interested students will learn various aspects of the Disability Resource Center. Positions open include Practicums, Internships and Split-Internships, and Volunteer. On site supervision is available.
The amount of credit hours awarded to the student depends on your program of study.
The DRC is proud to announce that all previous practicum and internship graduate students have met or exceeded their required contact hours.
Graduate Student's Responsibilities and Duties
- Meet with students for first appointments, and assigning reasonable accommodations when students are faced with barriers in their academic environments.
- Create and facilitate or co-facilitate a psycho-educational group.
- Provide guidance to individual college students whom are experiencing mental health stressors by delivering ongoing support and coping strategies to the student within a private healing environment. Make referrals as needed.
- Meet with students to discuss and develop learning strategies to compensate for specific learning disabilities and ADHD.
- Provide academic and life skills coaching via behavior modification, encouragement, self-awareness, trouble-shooting, problem solving, etc.
- And More!
If you would like more information or would like to schedule an interview appointment please click below!